Work Injury Claims: Want to Claims?::Category: Injury Claims ::Date: 11-02-2019
At the workplace, it is the duty of the employer to ensure a safe working environment for all the employees. It is entirely his responsibility to ensure the safety of all employees and create a workplace free of dangers of any kind. If an accident does occur, he or she is bound by law to report it
It also becomes his responsibility to grant medical leave to the injured employee to recover and also compensate the employee for the medical expenses that he may incur because of the injury.
We, at Work injury claims network, UK have years of proven expertise in helping employees get the compensation they are entitled to in case of an injury sustained at the workplace.
There are various kinds of injuries that an employee can sustain while at work. Let us have a look at them:
Which Type Your Injury?
- Injuries caused by heavy lifting: Lifting heavy items is one of the leading causes of injury in the workplace. More than one-third of all work-related injuries are due to heavy lifting and result in harm to the shoulders and/or back. In fact, lifting heavy loads can often lead to back sprains, muscle pulls, wrist injuries, elbow injuries and/or spinal injuries.
- Slips, trips or falls caused by an unsafe environment: It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that there are no unnecessary or unexpected obstructions in the workplace which can result in slips or trips or falls. In jobs that require workers to be perched high up like roofers, building industry, particular care needs to be taken about the equipment being used.
- Injuries caused by faulty tools or lack of safe environment and training: It is very important for the employer to ensure that all tools are in good condition especially in factories where workers work on heavy machinery. Faulty tools and machinery can result in accidents.
- Electric Shock: if proper care is not taken and workers do not wear the right safety gear, they can suffer from injuries due to electric shocks.
- RSI or repetitive strain injury: It is the pain felt in muscles, nerves, and tendons caused by repetitive movement and overuse. The body parts normally affected are forearms and elbows, wrists and hand and neck and shoulders. In the long term, the pain can disrupt normal life. in such a scenario, the employer should modify the task.
Apart from the above, work related injuries can also be seen in the construction industry and the military.
If the injury at the workplace is the result of negligence by the employer, then the employee is fully entitled to a compensation. We at Work injury claims network UK help you to get adequately compensated on a no-win-no-fee basis. We will not take a single penny from you if you do not win your case.